[Dundi] Question on GPA: Toll Services clause vs. ITSPs

Senad Jordanovic senad at boltblue.com
Sat Oct 23 21:12:55 CDT 2004

Mark Spencer wrote:
>> Does this means that GPA will not allow wholesale services to take
>> place between various providers?
>
> No, not on the E.164 context.  While you, as a service provider, may
> charge your customers both to represent them within the network and to
> deliver their calls into the DUNDi network, you may not charge another
> provider, participant, etc. to terminate to any route you have
> advertised. In otherwords, it's always free between the providers,
> just not necessarily to a provider's own customer.

Ok... Fair enough...
> Why, you might ask, is this the case, and the answer is simple.  The
> asymptote of telephony cost should always be 0, with no artificial
> barriers to keep them above a level other than 0.  That's what the
> GPA is about doing.  Keeping the playing field free and level, while
> letting the providers battle it out with value add, price, etc to
> their customers.

What about frecalls, premium rates etc. destinations? In traditional
setup each switch/softswitch gets revenue for
all calls coming in. How will "the basket" get billed between the
Service providers in these scenarios?

Within the PBXware / SWITCHware we alrady have resellers fighting for
their "codes" and right to charge
their customers (and providers) for "not proper" destinations.

Senad Jordanovic
Bicom Systems - Complete Systems Provider
www.bicomsystems.com