[Dundi] DUNDi Roadmap

Mark Spencer markster at digium.com
Fri Oct 22 14:41:38 CDT 2004

Here is the current DUNDi Roadmap.  If you would like to help participate,
PLEASE contact me on IRC (kram on irc.freenode.net, #asterisk) as I will
need all the help I can get.

Direct DUNDi technologies:

1) Collect important statistics: (Mark)
    -- Per-peer, average lookup time of last, say, 10 non-cached answers
    -- Per-peer, and global, percentage of queries/subqueries which were
       handled from cache
    -- Percentage of lookups which found answers

Indirect:

2) Automated system for requesting and storing information on peer
participation (see general format of revised
http://www.dundi.com/members.html to see along the lines of what this
should look like. (Need a PHP/perl CGI guru, please contact me on IRC if
you can do this in the next 1-2 days)

3) Update and fix the DUNDi specification (Mark, Ed)

4) Provide a better tutorial on the web site, descriptions of DUNDi, etc.
This needs to cover why this loose hierarchy is better, why you should
avoid loops etc and generally try to help make users easier to work with.

Mark