[Dundi] Peer Information

Mark Turner mark at kram.org
Fri Oct 22 02:24:23 CDT 2004

Greg said....

> Wouldn't that make more sense if it were:
>
> BANDWIDTH:
> PUBKEY:
> COUNTRY:

I can see how those three are relevant, but....

> STATEPROV:

In some parts of the world I don't think location within country is relevant
in this context. For example, in the UK most providers have connectivity via
a small number of places (e.g. London) no matter where they are in the
country. Also, in the UK the VOIP providers currently offer non-geographic
number ranges (i.e. not specific to a part of the country) plus a set of
geographic ranges across several cities with each provider offering more or
less the same choice of area codes no matter where the provider is based.

> AREACODE:

Taking my comments on STATEPROV into account, for UK provides I think the
only sensible answer to AREACODE would be +44, but I can see how in other
parts of the world it might be possible/appropriate to be more specific.

> LATA:

What does this mean?  Sorry if there is more detail on the wiki but I'm
answering this offline so can't check now.

> CONTACT:
> PHONE:
> FAX:
> EMAIL: