[Dundi] Dundi w/ 1.0

Brian West brian at bkw.org
Wed Oct 20 11:43:17 CDT 2004

Let me get asterlink setup then we need to figure out the best method for
peering.  We are going to be a tier 1 peer.  So I should only peer with tier
1 and tier 2 peers.  We need to setup bandwidth requirements and peering
arrangements that will setup how this peering arrangement will be.

Here is my thoughts:

Tier 1:
Primary peers with loads of bandwidth!?!?
Only peers to T1 or T2 peers.
Service Provider Level?!?

Tier 2:
Secondary peers with atleast 50% of the bandwidth their T1 has
Only peers with T2 and T3 peers

Tier 3:
Peers with atleast 50% of the bandwidth their T2 has.
Peers with T2 and customer/endusers and other T3's

Any thoughts?

BKW
Asterlink.com

Most customers/end users that peer will be here