[Dundi] DUNDi Feature Request

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at starnetworks.us
Sat Dec 4 10:25:22 CST 2004

Jeremy McNamara wrote:

> Isn't the whole point of  DUNDi is ~NOT~ to have a central point?

On the public side of the network, yes. However, I'm not going to have
all my servers be peers with the rest of the public DUNDi network; there
is a single server that connects us to the rest of the world.

For our internal network purposes, I may or may not peer all the servers
with each other directly, I haven't decided yet... There's really not an
issue of having that machine become inaccessible unless they all are :-)
I'm debating whether having the extra configuration information being
maintained on all the servers is of value vs. just having them all peer
with a single machine that distributes the queries and caches the results.