[Asterisk-video] asterisk playing video call to a local display

Gopal Prasad gopal.anaya at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 00:37:45 CST 2019

Hello Jose,

I want to tell you that asterisk have mixmonitor and spy application that
will hear conversation between call.  But it will work for only audio call.
What you can do is to use Record application, that will store video video
and audio in sounds directory.
Syntax:  for /etc/asterisk/extension.conf

[your-context-name]
exten =>  xxxxx,n,Noop("Recording start")
same => n, Answer()
same => n, Record(filename.exten)  // example  john.wav or john.gsm
same => n, Hangup()

Hope this might be helpful.

Thanks