[Asterisk-video] H264 file conversion

Gopal Prasad gopal.anaya at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 01:55:34 CDT 2019

Hello,

I want to convert an MP4 video file to H264 file for Asterisk compatible.
I have experienced with FFMPEG and tried converting my file to H264. But
its not working on Asterisk. I am getting blank video.

I have used Asterisk Record Application to record my video using SIP phone.
I can   play recorded Video on my Sip phone.  Even, I tried to play that
recorded H264 video file on vlc. But its neither working on VLC or ffplay.

Asterisk is really making strange file and conversion that other available
application don't understand..

Thus, I decided to develop an application. But I don't know where to start
from?

Also.. I am aware of FFASTERISK application that convert mp4 to asterisk
compatible H263 file.  I am really surprised how I can I make similar for
H264.
Can Anyone guide me?

Thanks