[Asterisk-video] asterisk video console into gstreamer

Jonas Smedegaard jonas at jones.dk
Thu Mar 30 03:18:44 CDT 2017

Hi Jerry,

Quoting Jerry Geis (2017-03-30 00:08:48)
> Is there a way to take the video console output "OR" some other way
> and get the audio/vidoe of current call into gstreamer to do other
> things.
>
> How would I accomplish that? I wish to view and hear a video call
> outside of SIP video call.

Have a look at Janus - it can bridge together Asterisk and GStreamer.

https://janus.conf.meetecho.com/

Janus is being packaged for Debian, but too late for upcoming release.
If you happen to use that distribution, then your help testing the
package available in unstable branch of Debian is much appreciated.

 - Jonas