[Asterisk-video] video in asterisk

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Mon Aug 11 03:15:20 CDT 2014

Hi,

Asterisk use a unstandard format.

To play a video file you need to use 2 files : an audio file and a video
file (how integrate a part of the video RTP stream).

if you want to generate your own video files from a standard format like
AVI, I think there are some opensource projects like video lan. But the
solution is a litlle bit tricky.

i6net had a tool to convert a AVI to asterisk .h264 or .h263.
This is the simplest way but it is a commercial tool, only available to
i6net customers.

Another solution is to add the mp4play application (you will need to
generate 3GP/MP4 hinted files).

Regards,

Borja

--