[Asterisk-video] Asterisk 11.6 h.264 passthrought Polycom VVX 500

David Gagnon gagnon.david at gmail.com
Sat Nov 9 18:56:44 CST 2013

Hi,

I'm running Asterisk 11.6 and I'm unable to get h.264 to work with two
Polycom VVX  500 running UC 5.0.1. If I enable h263 only in sip.conf it's
working no problem but if I enable h.264 only it's not worning. I was able
to get h.264 to work if I enable directmedia=yes. In my lab this is working
but in production, both phone will be behind a different NAT. Have anyone
been able to use h.264 passthrought with Asterisk 11 and directmedia=no ?

The problem is that that caller don't get the video from the callee but the
callee get the video of the caller. It's sort of one-way video.

Thx !