[Asterisk-video] Conference..

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Sat Jan 19 08:54:40 CST 2013

Hi Hans,

The MCU is composed by a business logic/signaling (based on java sip
servlets)  and a media server (implemented in C++).
The java part needs to be deployed into an sip servlets compatible
application server, been Sailfin (based on Glashfish code) one of them
You can also deploy it on Mobicents Sip Servlets, which is has a version
based on Tomcat and another one in JBoss AS7.

http://www.mobicents.org/products_sip_servlets.html

As a bonus, if you use Mobicents, it provides support for sip over
websocekts, so you can directly call the MCU with a WebRTC enabled
browser and join the same conferences as your sip phones, until Asterisk
natively supports WebRTC clients.

Best regards
Sergio