[Asterisk-video] confbridge, h264 and switching

Matthew Jordan mjordan at digium.com
Mon Apr 9 12:28:10 CDT 2012

Sergio,

If you have to retrieve information from the RTP packet and make some
decision based on information within that packet - regardless of whether
or not you have to fully decode the h.264 information contained within
that packet - that's more then Asterisk currently does.

There's a trade-off between performance and capability here, and
performing logic on information in the media streams can quickly impact
performance, particularly when you can't define the system your
application will run on.

That being said, this is a scenario that - in our testing - most SIP
clients handle quite well with a request to update the picture.  If
that's the only issue Dmitry is running into, its most likely best
handled by the client, or determining why Asterisk is not sending
the necessary SIP INFO message.

If someone requires full media mixing, they're more then welcome to
look at other products.

Matthew Jordan
Digium, Inc. | Software Developer