[Asterisk-video] confbridge, h264 and switching

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Sun Apr 8 22:55:53 CDT 2012

06.04.2012 17:53, Matthew Jordan написал:
> Dmitry:
>
> Can you explain what you mean by "it brokes during switching"?
Hello!

I mean that without i-frame talking user appears from squares and other
strange shape still showing part of previous talker.
> ConfBridge has the capability to change the video source based on a
> number of settings.  It can be configured to automatically set the
> video source using talk detection, or based on the first/last marked
> user that joined the conference.  Alternatively, you can use the DTMF
> menu options to set the source of the video.

Yes, I know, this will not make switching smoother.

> That being said, we do not have plans at this time to perform
> transcoding on the video streams.  There's a number of reasons for this,
> most notably that to do so is incredibly resource intensive.  Is that
> what you were referring to?

Well, sort of.
Not  trancoding, but following to video stream and make switching on
i-frame.
I guess this will not need much resources...
May be this is possible?

Thank you!