[Asterisk-video] confbridge, h264 and switching

Dmitry Melekhov dm at belkam.com
Thu Apr 5 23:31:31 CDT 2012

Hello!

We tried to use confbridge for videoconferencing.
All looks good, but we use h264 and users complain about how video is
switched, it brokes during switching, and this is expected behaviour,
just because asterisk do not analize video.
We also tried freeswitch and like asterisk ;-)
But I found that freeswitch tries (but really can't, I had to comment
this out in sources) do video switching on i-frames.
Are there plans to implement such thing in asterisk's confbridge?

Thank you!