[Asterisk-video] hot to know a mobile device supports video call when trying to do outbound 3g video call

Konstantinos Liadakis kliadakis at yuboto.com
Tue Sep 13 08:28:18 CDT 2011

I have thought of that, but normally people when answering a videocall
they dont say hello, they expect to see a video and then start talkng.
Hence maybe AMD can help us understand if the call has been answered by
voicemail (not really sure if it is possible, did not try it) but it
will not help start playing the video to a capable device as it will
expect some word, and then a pause. What do we do about that?

thank you for your reply

Regards

Dinos

On 13/9/2011 4:22 ??, Robson Felix wrote:
> when transferring to an operator service (voice mail) you can perform
> an AMD to detect that.
>
> Enviado do meu iPhone
>
> On 13/09/2011, at 10:13, Konstantinos Liadakis<kliadakis at yuboto.com>  wrote:
>
>> Again this thread is dead although i feel a proper reply is not given yet.
>>
>> In most cases, a call will hangup if it is sent to a non video capable device.
>>
>> There are 2  cases where mobile device is not video capable, and has got voicemail enabled, and is also in an area with no 3g coverage, or device is not video capable, has got voicemail enabled and is switched off.
>>
>>  From my experience and tests, i have found that the call will be answered in the same way as a video capable device would do, and the dialplan proceeds exactly as if the video is played on the recipient. In this case the sender would think that the video was correctly displayed on recipients device, but in fact it isn't.
>>
>> Sergio's earlier reply to this thread was:"Quick answer, the only way to know if someone supports 3G video call is making a call." This is true for most cases except from the ones describe above.
>>
>> Also Borja from i6net said: "If you tag the video correctly (signaling marks), the non capable phone shoudn't ring and not be able get the call (the call is rejected or transferred to an operator service)." How do we handle this if the call is diverted to an operator service,in my case cellphone voicemail.
>>
>> If there was a way to know that call has been diverted to voicemail, then it could hangup, and not leave the disturbing buzzing voicemail.
>>
>> No matter what i have tried, i cannot distinguish a successful video transmission over 3g from an unsuccessful divert to voicemail when a device is not video capable.
>>
>> I hope that someone can help on this, as i cannot think of anything else to try
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> Dinos
>>

>> --
> --