[Asterisk-video] Generate outbound 3g call will .call file and local channel

Konstantinos Liadakis kliadakis at yuboto.com
Fri Sep 9 07:21:15 CDT 2011

Hello,

I finally managed to make it. Jack was right, we needed to use h324m_call

This is how i did it

callfile

Channel: Local/XXXXXXXXXX at from-dialer1/n
CallerId: 2111811499
Context: video-campaign1
Extension: play
Set: CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO
Set: CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38
Set: phonenumber=XXXXXXXXXX

[from-dialer1]
exten => _X.,1,Set(__phonenumber=${phonenumber})
exten => _X.,n,h324m_call(play at from-dialer1)
exten => play,1,Set(CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO)
exten => play,n,Set(CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38)
exten => play,n,Dial(Zap/g0/${phonenumber},30)
exten => play,n,Hangup()

[video-campaign1]
exten => play,1,Wait(1)
exten =>
play,n,mp4play(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/autodialer/user_recordings/video/26/NEW_Mercedes_SLK_2012.3gp)
exten => play,n,Hangup()

Regarding Mituls suggestions, below is the .3gp file mp4info

3gvideo:~# mp4info
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/autodialer/user_recordings/video/26/gauloises1.3gp
mp4info version 1.6.1
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/autodialer/user_recordings/video/26/gauloises1.3gp:
Track   Type    Info
1       video   H.263, 19.750 secs, 55 kbps, 176x144 @ 8.000000 fps
2       audio   AMR, 19.620 secs, 13 kbps, 8000 Hz
3       hint    Payload H263-2000 for track 1
4       hint    Payload AMR for track 2
  Tool: mp4creator 1.6.1

What is the difference between h324m=bc and h324m=llc?. I had llc and
changed it to bc. Now i think that video is smoother. Is it just my
idea, or could it be true?

Now that dial command is in the dialplan, ${HANGUPCAUSE} gets populated,
and one can have better idea why a call failed. Now if a call fails one
can distinguish if device is switched off or device is not capable to
receive video call (as long as voicemail is disabled).

The problem that remains now is when phonenumber has voicemail enabled
and device is not video capable. I am still not able to understand that
the call has failed. Hangup cause and dialstatus indicate that call
proceeds ok, but call goes into voicemail.

Nobody has ever come to this problem?

Thank you very much Mitul and Jack for helping me implement this way of
autodialeing for 3g video. Wish there was a way to handle better failed
calls.

Your experiences are welcome

Best regards

Dinos