[Asterisk-video] Generate outbound 3g call will .call file and local channel

Konstantinos Liadakis kliadakis at yuboto.com
Thu Sep 8 06:59:31 CDT 2011

Hello Mitul and thank you for your reply,

I tried your example but did not work for me as i am looking to play an
mp4 file using mp4play on the receiving device. I added mp4 play command
at the end but call hangs up. Could you modify dialplan to play mp4 file?

${Dialstatus} does not give much information as to what happened to the
call.

During my tests i realized that the only way to know in more detail what
happened to the call and especially if 3g call was sent to a 3g video
capable device is ${HANGUPCAUSE}.

 From my test i have found the following:

If device is switched off (*this number has not got voicemail
activated*), but device*is video capable* then you get *Hangupcause=20
subscriber absent 480 Temporarily unavailable*
If device is switched on (*this number has not got voicemail
activated*), but *is not video capable* then you get *Hangupcause=88
incompatible destination 503 Service unavailable*
If device is switched on (*this number has not got voicemail
activated*), but *is busy whether device is video capable or not*, then
you get *Hangupcause=17 user busy 486 Busy here*

A problem arises when mobile number has got *voicemail enabled*.

If device is*not video capable*, and *voicemail is activated* then:
a. if device is on 3g network, then call jusr fails with *Hangupcause=88
incompatible destination 503 Service unavailable*

b. if device is not on 3g network, then call is redirected to voicemail,
without any hint about it. Major problem here, because from the dialplan
point of view it seems that video was actually played at the device
although it didnt. Receiver ends up with an annoying voicemail with a
buzzing sound. Also call does not hangup until voicemail times out

Has anybody got a better idea of how to handle this?

Thank you in advance

Regards

Dinos