[Asterisk-video] Generate outbound 3g call will .call file and local channel

Konstantinos Liadakis kliadakis at yuboto.com
Tue Sep 6 08:01:15 CDT 2011

Hello everybody,

I have been trying lately to generate an outbound call from a .call file
*but *using a local channel.

I need the local channel in order populate ${HANGUPCAUSE} asterisk
variable.

Hangupcause gives a better explanation than ${REASON} as to why call has
failed, and hence one can find out if receiving device has not 3g video
capability, or is out of 3g coverage e.t.c

No matter what i try i cannot make it work.

I have managed to do outbound calls generated by .call file, but not
with a local channel

I am using the following:

Channel: Zap/g0/number
CallerId: $strCallerId
Context: from-dialer
Extension: outbound
Set: CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO
Set: CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38

[from-dialer]

exten => outbound,1,h324m_gw(play at video-campaign)

[video-campaign]

exten => play,1,h324m_gw_answer()
exten => play,n,mp4play(${filename})
exten => play,n,Hangup()

Could someone modify the above in order to work with local channel, so
the dial command can be in the dialplan

Thank you very much in advance for your help

Regards

Dinos