[Asterisk-video] how to record and play a video at the same time

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:16:09 CST 2011

Hi all, I want to have an application that start to record a video that is being streamed when pause button is pressed and resumes to play when resume is pressed. The application needs to play the video from where it is stopped while it is still feeding the video into the file. Basically it will time shift the stream. I am trying to simulate the pause and resume button using DTMF and also I wanted to play the file using another player. I want to use the app_mp4 application for this purpose but what I am worried abt is, when the application tries to open the file to play it the duration that it will calculate is the duration at that particular point but the file is growing continously. Can anyone direct me how I can solve this problem.

Thank you.

- Zelalem S.
Grahamstown, SA