[Asterisk-video] Which conferencing app to record video conference

Olivier oza_4h07 at yahoo.fr
Tue Nov 22 07:56:50 CST 2011

Hi,

I'm working on the following use case.

My ultimate goal is to record the output from several phones and 3 network
cameras (such as Axis network cameras, each equiped with a microphone) to
let people play with recorded content.

I'm thinking about 2 alternatives:
A. Use asterisk as a tool to mix audio calls and broadcast its content,
leaving to an independant video management software the burden to record
and mix audio calls with video when appropriate.
B. recording everything with asterisk

My questions are:
1. Among those available, which asterisk conferencing app (such as
app_konference, meetme, and so on) can record a video conference ? As this
should matter, I can use any Asterisk version (from 1.4 to trunk).

2. In general, which protocol are recommended for live video streaming (see
http://www.axis.com/products/video/about_networkvideo/mpeg4.htm), as in my
case, it's very important to keep
recordings synchronized to each other (let say 2 camera are pointing the
same person, then reading the end of each recorded file, we should still
see consistent images).

3. Then for Asterisk ecosystem, which protocol is recommended ?

4. Is asterisk able to act as an RTSP source and send mixed audio in a
suitable format for video management apps ?
If positive, which software should then preferably complement asterisk
(icecast ? darwin ?) on a Debian platform ?

Cheers