[Asterisk-video] rtsp with transcoding mp4v

Mário Dias mario at hardserver.com
Fri Jan 14 09:29:39 CST 2011

Hello, I need help!

I have installed rtsp in my asterisk machine, with sucessful. The idea
is: send video from 3gpp video network camera to softphone using
asterisk in the middle. Actuality, I send video from VLC streaming
with H263 codec with sucess!

But the 3gpp video network codec is mp4v. As no softphone has mp4v
codec, I have to transform (transcoding) mp4v to H.263 codec or H.264,
that is compatible with my softphone. I prefere codec H.263 or H.263+
that all softphone have as free, like X-lite4.

Now, I think it is necessary the app_transcoding and app_mp4. I put it
in my apps folder in asterisk, and I do "make" command, but with
errors of compile in app_mp4.

Why???

This is the way?? Give me a help document with all steps with the way
to reach my idea..

Thanks!

Mário Dias