[Asterisk-video] Lifesize HD X10 endpoints & Video Resolution and framerate configuration question

Gunnar Schaller linux at nowin.de
Wed Apr 13 17:20:38 CDT 2011

Hello,
Try to modify the Asterisk source. In chan_sip.c search for the
function add_vcodec_to_sdp (around line 10316 in 1.8 branch at the
moment). At the end of the function there is a comment:
   /* Add fmtp code here */

Add this lines after the comment:
   if (codec & 0x200000) {
      ast_str_append(a_buf,0,"a=fmtp:%d
      profile-level-id=42801f;max-mbps=245000;max-fs=8192;
      packetization-mode=0\r\n",rtp_code);
   }

I did not test that. I not even tried to compile with that lines ...
So no guarantee for anything. I just had a look to the source in
chan_sip.c and your SIP trace and tried to build together some lines
of code. It is not a solution for all video problems. It's only a hack
for your situation with the Lifesize system.
I do not have access to such a Lifesize conferencing system at the
moment. But I know someone and maybe I will do a test in a few weeks.

Regards,
Gunnar