[Asterisk-video] Lifesize HD X10 endpoints & Video Resolution and framerate configuration question

Joel Wiramu Pauling joel at aenertia.net
Thu Apr 7 18:08:59 CDT 2011

Hi there,

I am running asterisk 1.8 with freepbx and asterisk now, (but have
also poked around with prebuilts in ubuntu as well). And have been
trying to get the endpoints and also the loopback/echo tests to work
at a higher resolution than CIF.

Both of the endpoints support h264 and 1080i and asterisk has
libavcodec with h264 support. Everything seems to work well including
loopback, but at nasty CIF resolution (352x288).

I have had a look through the sip extensions options, and mucked about
changing the video bandwith setting, to no avail.

I found some references circa 2005 from this list refering to
implementing codec options :

i.e
http://markmail.org/message/xnm4jpvetvrooowt

and more recently here:

http://www.asteriskguru.com/archives/asterisk-dev-chansip-video-capabilities-call-bandwidth-vt62314.html

I have also tried restricting formats to just h264, still works in all
scenarios listed above (including using h264 in loopback test) but
again at CIF only.

I've also noted that there should be a passthrough mode for the sip
extensions (ala freeswitch style) to let them handle negotiation, but
again with no luck at getting them to run at a higher resolution.

Can I force this somewhere in the config at all and if so what does
the stanza look like?

This is a Lab demo system and outgoing calls are restricted to voice
only via trunks - and I am not trying to transcode anything.

Any advise and help appreciated.

Kind regards

-JoelW