[Asterisk-video] Simulate a 3G-324M video call

Mon Oct 18 05:07:21 CDT 2010

Am 18.10.2010 10:17, schrieb huu giang:
> Hi,
> I think there is a difference between connect two IVR server directly or
> through a MSC.
> If through MSC, when IVR A want to make a call to IVR B, if will execute
> dial command, and I think a Dial signal will be end to a MSC before a
> call will be sent to IVR B. The MSC will handle the Dial singnal.
> But if 2 IVRs server be connected directly, how can Server B handle Dial
> Signal. I Thinks Asterisk just be created to make calls or receive a
> calls, maybe it can't not handle or understand Dial signal.
> Is it right ?. Have I to simualte a MSC between two IVR servers ?.

 From experience point of view of course there is a big difference if
the call is routed via an MSC, but theoretically the signaling should be
identical.

For example if ISDN is used, then you usually have

IVR A -------> MSC1 -----> MSC2 ----> MSC3 -----> IVR B
      TE      NT      SS7         SS7      NT    TE

If you connect the Asterisk servers directly, then you have to configure
one of the servers in NT mode (to simulate the network). But the Q931
signaling should be identical:

      TE                                        NT

regards
Klaus