[Asterisk-video] Need some help regarding Asterisk video setup

Borja SIXTO borja.sixto at i6net.com
Tue Mar 30 03:01:14 CDT 2010

Hi Aman,

We had tests to pass video h324m calls with sip audio calls (SIP/RTP
alaw) and it works fine too.
You can use a VoIP provider (but without echo cancellation, and without
any transcoding) or a front end Asterisk to forward video calls (as a
switch/gateway).
(We done some modifications in our VXI to convert an Asterisk in a
transparent call forwarder for the video : Asterisk normaly convert the
audio in PCM...).

My company uses the Sergio's tools through our Asterisk VoiceXML browser
and all works fine.

If you use SIP Video Phone, you will probably need to add the transcoder
because most of the soft phones don't be able to respect the H324m video
profile (bandwidth limitation and strict h263 video codec).

Regards,

Borja from i6net

--
Borja Sixto, Research&  Innovation - http://www.i6net.com
Office: +34 911877477 | Gtalk: bsixto | Skype: borja.sixto