[Asterisk-video] Video bandwidth consumption

Salvatore Frandina salvatore.frandina at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 04:58:03 CST 2010

Hi Sergio,

I know that the bitrate depend from information content of source. I use VLC
as source that transmits still image CIF picture with 1 fps and format YUV
4:2:0.

At the moment I'm not interested in quality, but only in video bandwidth
consumption.

I have taken in account the sixth column IP BW of Wireshark capture file and
with Matlab I have extract the Probability Density Function. The mean and
max bandwidth values are very high respect how I'm expecting.

I would like to know what can be the total video bandwidth with H263p codec
and H264 codec of CIF picture with 1 fps and format YUV 4:2:0?

The values that I have measured are strange for me, but I can't find
documentation about video bandwidth as this
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Bandwidth+consumption.

Thank

--
Salvatore Frandina