[Asterisk-video] Meetme video support @ Asterisk 1.4

John Hermanski John.Hermanski at dialogic.com
Mon Mar 8 12:40:14 CST 2010

Hi Tony,

We are now working on adding video conferencing to our open source DiaStar server.  This server works with Asterisk and other Woomera clients to provide added scalability, redundancy and features beyond that found in a standard Asterisk installation.

The website for the project is www.projectdiastar.org<http://www.projectdiastar.org/>  Please visit it to get some background on the project.

As far as video conferencing - We have the basics going and while we don't have all the features worked out for its first release, here are the possibilities:

* Combine 1-9 video streams into a 1x1 to 3x3 tiled grid of conferees
* Add a video stream from a file-based multimedia play into a conference
* Overlay text, such as a conferee's name/location onto an individual tile
* Display active talker only on all conferees' screens
* Control conference functions via DTMF
* Transrate, resize (QCIF/CIF) and transcode H.263 and MPEG4.  H.264 is also in the works later this year.

Are these the sort of things you are looking for in a video conferencing application?

John Hermanski
Technical Marketing Engineer

Dialogic Inc.
5 Monroe St.
Salem, MA  01970
USA

Tel:       978 744 9098
Cell:      978 836 8028
Email:   john.hermanski at dialogic.com<mailto:john.hermanski at dialogic.com>
Web:    www.dialogic.com<http://www.dialogic.com/>

This e-mail is intended only for the named recipient(s) and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. No waiver of privilege, confidence or otherwise is intended by virtue of communication via the internet. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, or are not named as a recipient, please immediately notify the sender and destroy all copies of this e-mail.