[Asterisk-video] h264 with Polycom HDX series

Joseph Baltes jbaltes at radvision.com
Wed Feb 10 18:03:32 CST 2010

Hi,

I found this same issue with all H.264 devices in the 1.4.x. The problem is
that the main branch (correct term?) of Asterisk isn¹t supporting FMTP for
the RTP payload in H.264. This is used to declare the H.264 profiles/levels
and other options in the call SDP, and without it, the SIP device hears
strange voices about H.264, is confused, and does nothing ;-)

Follow this old thread
(http://www.mail-archive.com/asterisk-video@lists.digium.com/msg00101.html),
it¹s worked well for me using Polycom PVX and other SIP H.264 devices.

Regards,

Joe Baltes
RADVISION, Inc.