[Asterisk-video] Video gateway with sip or iax trunk for outbound calls - is it possible?

Konstantinos Liadakis kliadakis at yuboto.com
Tue Dec 28 09:55:02 UTC 2010

Hello List,

I have successfully tested the following scenario

   3g video calls  --- Pri -- Asterisk with h324M

What i would like to accomplish now is

   3g video calls  --- Pri --Asterisk 1.4 BoxB  --- SIP or IAX2 trunk
over gigabit LAN --- Asterisk 1.4 with h324M  BoxA

I made some tests, using iax2 and sip trunk.

BoxA generates a call and sends it to boxB over the SIP or IAX2 trunk.
When call comes out mobile phone receives it as voice and soon after it
hangs up.

BoxA when connected directly to pri can make and receive 3g video calls.

I have read in the lists that people have used sip and iax2 trunks
successfully but did not give much details in how they succeeded it.

I have enabled in sip.conf videosupport=yes and have set the following
codecs

videosupport = yes
disallow=all
allow=alaw
allow=h263p
allow=h261
allow=h263
allow=h264

My pri uses alaw, and this is what i used when making the trunks.

Below is the dialplan i use. I am using eyebeam as softphone

[outgoing_calls]
exten => _X.,1,h324m_call(${EXTEN}@to3g)

[to3g]
exten => _X.,1,Set(CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO)
exten => _X.,n,NoOp(transfer=${CHANNEL(transfercapability)})
exten => _X.,n,Set(CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38)
exten => _X.,n,NoOp(ul1=${CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)})
;exten => _X.,n,Dial,SIP/prodpbx/${EXTEN}
exten => _X.,n,Dial(SIP/astvideo/${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Playtones(congestion)
exten => _X.,n,Hangup

Could someone guide me to right direction?

Thank you in advance

Merry Christmas to all

Dinos