[Asterisk-video] Video SDP Problem.

Gunnar Hellström gunnar.hellstrom at omnitor.se
Mon Dec 27 23:12:47 UTC 2010

You are right, there are a lot of shortcomings in SDP-handling in all
trunks, branches and releases of Asterisk.

There was once a branch called Videocaps, with the ambition to get fully
working sdp-handling of video in Asterisk.  Including relation of sdp on
both sides of a call as you ask for.
It worked fine for its purposes, but is now outdated because it was not
fully integrated in any Asterisk trunk.

You can read about the history in
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+video

The result is what you describe. Inconsistent SDP handling, with
parameters, m-lines etc appearing without real reason and correlation
between the legs of a session.

One apparent problem is when you have calls without audio. That case
really need a thorough revision.

Sorry for not offering a solution, other than going back to the
Videocaps branch and losing a lot of other good improvements in Asterisk.

/Gunnar