[Asterisk-video] 3G Video Call PRI Debug Output

Mitul Limbani mitul at enterux.com
Thu Dec 2 08:35:42 CST 2010

Hi Klaus,

> H324M is "tunneled" through Asterisk as voice, thus it uses a
> certain codec. Often there are problems if for some reason the
> Asterisk does codec translation and thus destroys the digital H324M
> stream.
>
> While the call is hanging in H324m_gw_answer() debug the channels:
>> core show channels
> you should see the incoming and the local pseudo channel
>
> Then analyze the channels (you can use the [tab] key to autocomplete
> the channel names) - take a look which codecs they use and if they
> match:

Output of core show channels and core show channel Local/xxxxx,1 -
core show channel Local/XXXX,2 and core show channel DAHDI/1-1

ubuntu*CLI> show channels
Channel              Location             State   Application(Data)
Local/peeloon at 3gp_vi peeloon at 3gp_videos:1 Up      h324m_gw_answer()
Local/peeloon at 3gp_vi peeloon at 3gp_videos:1 Up      (None)
DAHDI/1-1            7642 at from-pstn:1     Up      h324m_gw(peeloon at 3gp_videos)
3 active channels
2 active calls
The 'show channels' command is deprecated and will be removed in a
future release. Please use 'core show channels' instead.
ubuntu*CLI> show ch
channel       channels      channeltypes  channeltype
ubuntu*CLI> show channel Lo
Local/peeloon at 3gp_videos-3a75,2  Local/peeloon at 3gp_videos-3a75,1
ubuntu*CLI> show channel Local/peeloon at 3gp_videos-3a75,2
  -- General --
            Name: Local/peeloon at 3gp_videos-3a75,2
            Type: Local
        UniqueID: 1291298595.120
       Caller ID: 9869173860
  Caller ID Name: (N/A)
     DNID Digits: (N/A)
           State: Up (6)
           Rings: 0
   NativeFormats: 0x182000 (amr|h263|h263p)
     WriteFormat: 0x2000 (amr)
      ReadFormat: 0x2000 (amr)
  WriteTranscode: No
   ReadTranscode: No