[Asterisk-video] h324m_gw_answer() disconnects me from asterisk cli and call get dropped

Thu Dec 2 03:43:46 CST 2010

> Ok, some more questions....
>
> I am using asterisk 1.4.15 with 1.4.11.4 libpri and 1.4.12.1 zaptel

The production system I have is still running asterisk-1.4.21.1 with
libpri-1.4.5 and zaptel-1.4.11.

I do not know if newer/older versions work fine too.

> Do you think i should change to a more recent asterisk and libpri and
> dahdi instead of zaptel? I suspect that zaptel might be causing the
> problem, as i am having trouble to start it again after an asterisk
> disconnect

So, what happens exactly - does Asterisk crash?

> asterisk-video*CLI> module load chan_zaptel.so
> [2010-12-02 11:25:27] WARNING[9033]: loader.c:362 load_dynamic_module:
> Error loading module 'chan_zaptel.so':
> /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_zaptel.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
> [2010-12-02 11:25:27] WARNING[9033]: loader.c:646 load_resource: Module
> 'chan_zaptel.so' could not be loaded.
>
> If i reboot then everything will be fine and i will be able to make
> normal calls

what about reloading the zaptel kernel modules? (rmmod, insmod/modprobe)

> Also i read about a patch in libpri in order to make outbound 3g calls,
> which in fact is what i want to do. I havent applied any patch to
> libpri. Should i and if yes where do i get it

The patch is onyl necessary for proper signaling of outbound calls.
Thus, in your case where you test with inbound calls there is no need to
patch yet.

> Finally it is a pitty that there is no little wiki about this wonderfull
> project, i am having difficulty to find dialplans to test, like how to
> use app_transcode and how to set up test environment e.g. how to make
> sip to 3g and vice versa

True.

Klaus