[Asterisk-video] H324M/3G video call recording quality

Kalimutu Singh botachek at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 00:00:53 CDT 2010

Hi all,

I am exploring options on how to improve the H324M/3G video calls recording
quality. I have tried updating the libh324m/app_mp4/mpeg4ip/ffmpeg to the
latest SVN revision but there seems to be no improvement. Another way I have
tried to improve the video quality is to change the video bitrate (from
52kbps H263+12.2kbps AMR to 60kbps H263+4kbps AMR) in H245Capabilities but
there isn't much significant improvement on video quality eventhough audio
quality is lowered.

Just wondering if anyone can suggest any solution/findings on this recording
video quality issue?  I have also uploaded a recorded sample to
http://www.sendspace.com/file/lvwon0 in case if it is useful for
comparion/benchmark purpose. Thank you.

Regards,
Kalimutu