[Asterisk-video] Send image in sip channel

Salvatore Frandina salvatore.frandina at gmail.com
Wed Nov 11 10:15:59 CST 2009

Salvatore Frandina a écrit :

Hi, I am using Asterisk 1.6.x and I have a SIP channel configured. I connected
a video phone. The sip.conf also has videosupport=yes in the global section.
Can I send image (jpeg, png) through sip channel with codec H263, H264?

Yes but not directly.

You have to invoke ffmpeg using System() in order to create an .mp4 file with
a video track containing the codec that you wish to used then use mp4creator
to add a hint track.
Finally you can use Sergio's mp4play to play this file. Fiew ...

Hi,

your solution creates a new sip user that send video?If yes the user can
call a number as normal user?

Thank

--
Salvatore Frandina