[Asterisk-video] app transcoder

anandadip mandal anandadip at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 12:03:06 CST 2009

Hi Sergio
Thanks for the reply.
There was a problem in my ffmpeg (livavcodec) which was not buit with
videocodec support.I have replaced it and now not getting the error.
But a strange problem I am facing now.
I have tried transcoding between h263 and h263+.I have used Xlite and
linphone.
I am calling from linphone which is using h263-1998 codec; App transcoder
encodes the incoming h263-1998 to h263 and places call to xlite. It is
also evident from the sip signalling traces that codec between asterisk and
linphone is h263-1998 and between asterisk and xlite is h263.But if i
configure xlite only for h263 ; no video is apperaing. But if i keep codec
in xlite h263-1998 (i.e h263+) video appears.
I am not sure if app_transcode module is really encoding in h263 format
thogh log says it is encoding.

Thanks and regards
Anand

On 02/11/2009, Sergio Garcia Murillo <sergio.garcia at fontventa.com> wrote:

> Hi anandadip
>
> Get the core dump and a back trace of asterisk when it seg faults
>
> Best regards
> Sergio
>
> anandadip mandal escribió:
>
>  Hi
> I want to make video call between two sip phone having different video
> codecs using app_transcoder.
> I have used the following dialplan
> [default]
> exten => 101,1,Answer
> exten => 101,2,transcode(,102 at default,h263 at qcif
> /fps=12/kb=52/qmin=4/qmax=12/gs=50)
> exten => 102,1,Dial(SIP/101)
>
> the 102 ( having h263-1998 codec) extension is calling 101 (having h263
> codec).
> I can see the call between the two phone established but no video; also i
> dont see any ack coming from 101 and within seconds asterisk gives a
> segfault.
> Without app transcoder, video call works fine when both phone use h263-1998
> codec.
> I am using asterisk 1.4; the transcode module loads succesfully; even it
> executes and places a call to the configured extension)
>
> Please help me if i am using the correct dialplan or am i missing
> something.
>
> Any help will be much appreciated.
>
> Regards
> Anand
>

> On 26/10/2009, anandadip mandal <anandadip at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>> I have successfully compiled and able to load the app_transcoder.so;
>> I want to know the configuration of  extension.conf to put the
>> app_transcoder in use.
>> I have two sip soft phone(video capable) 3000, 3001 which are already
>> registered to asterisk and I can make audio call  between them;
>> Also please let me know if i have to add anything specific to
>> extesion.conf and sip.conf  for enabling  video call.
>> Any help will be very much appreciated.
>> Thanks and regards
>> Anand
>>

>> 2009/10/20 anandadip mandal <anandadip at gmail.com>
>>
>>> is there any document for compilation procedure of app transcoder?also
>>> could someone point me how to integrate it with asterisk?
>>> Thanks
>>> Anand
>>>

>> --
>> Anandadip Mandal