[Asterisk-video] 3G-324M video stack which can work with asterisk

IvánF G ctz.ivanf.bis at gmail.com
Thu May 7 09:43:51 CDT 2009

Hi all...

I've got a few questions related with this threat...

I've got an asterisk-1.4.21.1 running on a debian machine with digium
hardware and fully operative for outbounds video calls (patched libpri,
patched asterisk, sip.fontventa support for amr, h324m, etc...)

Now, I'm trying to get a new asterisk instalation on a diferent machine
(debian + Wildcard TE220). I'm using Asterisk 1.6.0.9, libpri-1.4.10,
dahdi-2.1.0.4, etc... and lastest code for the apps and support from
sip.fontventa.

I can confirm that AMR and MP4 support work perfectly... libh324m and
app_h324m look operative too (after I solved a problem with a segmentation
fault problem related to app_h324m; search for '*asterisk startup problems
with latest app_h324m*')

The question at this point is the needed patches of libpri and asterisk for
LLC and userinformationlayer support (needed in previous version at less)...
This patches are documented at:

libpri: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=13055
asterisk: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=10217

The last libpri patch is for version 1.4.4... I don't know if the
libpri-1.4.10 has this problem solved... Does anybody knows it? (I've
applied the oficial libpri-1.4.10-patch too...)

About the asterisk link, the last version of the patch is really a mess an
is imposible to apply it with *patch *command (the result is
incoherent...)... I've tried to apply it manually, trying to compare it with
the last version of the 1.4 patch, but the compilation of asterisk crashes
(as I afraid...)

Does anybody knows if there is a valid patch for the 1.6.X versions of
asterisk? Anybody has it working in this version? If the answer is not...
which is the last asterisk version that can be *officially *patched to make
the outbounds video calls work?

As usual, thanks in advance and best regards...