[Asterisk-video] H264 video conferencing using Asterisk

Tim King tim at tim-king.com
Tue Mar 3 11:01:15 CST 2009

I have done a lot of this. Asterisk 1.6.0

Hard phones: Grandstream GXV3000; LifeSize Express
Soft Phones: Polycom PVX, Eyebeam (note Xten does not support H264), Mirial

All H.264 set as the only video codec. I can't find a softphone that
does HD resolution (like the LifeSize does); the only reliable softphone
is the PVX to interwork well, Eyebeam connects but no video for example.

Anyone find a reliable softphone that interworks with others I'd be
interested.