[Asterisk-video] Unable to complete negociation on 3G calls

Julien Leboeuf jleboeuf at neocom.fr
Thu Jun 25 11:05:27 CDT 2009

Thanks..

I know I should have tested gradually.. but if I can't make it works
with this config it's meaningless for me...
If I really can't, then I will assignate another machine to do the job
but... now i can't...

If someone is still willing to search with me, there are some new infos :

Asterisk sometimes crashs at startup, it seems like the amr patch is the
cause :
On startup :
[...]
 == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/codecs.conf':   == Found
    -- codec_amr: parsing codecs.conf
    -- codec_amr: set octed-aligned mode to 0
    -- codec_amr: set dtx mode to 0
    -- codec_amr: AMR mode set to MR122 (7)
codec_amr: enc_mode = 7, dtx = 0
==>Segmentation Fault

But usually, Asterisk start fine :
[...]
== Parsing codecs.conf
    -- codec_amr: set octed-aligned mode to 0
    -- codec_amr: set dtx mode to 0
    -- codec_amr: AMR mode set to MR122 (7)
codec_amr: enc_mode = 7, dtx = 0
  == Registered translator 'amrtolin' from format amr to slin, cost 2999
  == Registered translator 'lintoamr' from format slin to amr, cost 10999
codec_amr.so => (AMR Coder/Decoder)
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/dundi.conf':   == Found
[...]
etc...
I wonder what's the trigger of the fault.
If I set octet-aligned=1 in codecs.conf, I simply can't start asterisk...

I tried modify the dialplan with :
Answer(2000);
Just before h324m_loopback, in order not to rush negociation but the
result is the same.

-- Julien Leboeuf