[Asterisk-video] Is it possible to pass through two asterisk ?

Mon Jul 6 04:10:38 CDT 2009

오상수 schrieb:
> Thanks your advice  :-)
>

> I had already tested below two case senerio
>

> SIP<-->asterisk<--->SIP (voice, video)
>

> SIP audio<-->asterisk<-->DAHDI-E1<-->asterisk<-->SIP audio
>
> But  I didn't test case which was related by 3G mobile phone
>

> What dose it need ?

If you have a 3G mobile where you can make video calls thiw will help
you debugging a lot.

1. Make a video call from the mobile to your Asterisk server. Enable pri
debugging in Asterisk and take a look at the incoming ISDN SETUP
message. It should have
 "H.223 and H.245"
User Information Layer 1 (UL1)

Further notice if UL1 is set only in the Bearer Capability (BC)
Information Element (IE) or if a Low Layer Compatibility (LLC) IE is
also present. Because usually have to make the same settings for
outgoing calls.

Then, install Asterisk the AMR codec, libh324m and app_h324m.

If you want to make outgoing video calls to mobile phones, you need to
patch Asterisk to signal h324m on outgoing calls using:
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=13055 and
https://issues.asterisk.org/view.php?id=10217

If the receiver of the video calls is always the other Asterisk server,
you do not need to patch Asterisk as you can for example differ voice
from video calls using different extensions.

regards
klaus