[Asterisk-video] Need to implement Multi point Video Conferencing

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Jan 29 03:34:52 CST 2009

Matt Riddell escribió:
> On 27/01/2009 9:58 p.m., Sergio Garcia Murillo wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> From time to time the multi video conference topics comes up so this is
>> quite an old issue.
>>
>> First, the self-advertisment, I already have available (for a looong
>> time) a multi video conference unit
>> with video mixing, SIP based, no participant limit (apart of cpu
>> resources), continius presence,
>> different mosaic modes and sizes, web ui, etc, etc..
>>
>> The main problem here is none has a commercial plan or is willing to
>> invest a cent in supporting the
>> development or even give feedback ideas. So, I think that until someone
>> shows some real interest
>> in deploying a commercial mcu service nothing is going to change and
>> this thread will be a dead end
>> again.
>>

> You didn't realize everyone wants everything for free (with free support)?
>
> :)
>
> But seriously, what are we looking at?
>
> Funding?  How much?  What time period?  What method?
>
> End result?  Commercial/Open Source/mixed license etc?
>
> Support/help?  Are there other things people could help you with?

Hi again Mat,

The main problem with the multi video conference is that most people
thinks about the service and just thinks,
"hey, that's cool" and want to have it. The problem is that it's not an
easy issue (even with my help) and
is not as easy as plug&play, so as soon as they have to spend some time
working and setting everything up,
they get bored and realize that they don't really need the service at all.

So what it's needed? Just commitment, so the time I waste is worthy.
Obviously being willing to spend some
money is a very good sign of commitment.. :)

Also, time and patience are needed, and lots of testing..

Best regards