[Asterisk-video] parallel forking with early media

zanet_tomas at libero.it zanet_tomas at libero.it
Tue Feb 10 02:17:59 CST 2009

Hi Klaus,
thanks for your answer and sorry for my late reply.
I tried to figure
out what the local channel is, and I've done a quick view at the source code
(chan_local.c) and I've understood
that a local channel is a logical channel
where Asterisk can locally answer, hangup, play a file and so on....

I wrote:

> Just to summarize, I need to send the early-media video from one-to-many

SIPUAs.

So, I need to create one local channel for every SIPUAs where the RTP
streams will be forwarded. Is this true?

Do you know why the Dial function
cannot fork the RTP streams?

Sorry, for these questions but I'm newbie about
Asterisk development.

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,

Tomas