[Asterisk-video] Video (high resolution) Over Asterisk

Eduardo - Gmail ecastedo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 13:51:51 CDT 2009

Hello Everybody.

I'm researching about high resolution video over Asterisk (800x600 and
higher).

Does anyone has any experience with that?

How the solution should work:

we need to have Computers plugged in both end with H264 cameras or Webcam,
mic and speakers, so people can talk to each other, we need to test your
softphone to see if the resolution of video will be supported and enough for
our application. But in one of the ends the Monitor will be in the wall, so
all the people In the reception area should be able to see and talk with the
person connected to it. So the image resolution should be higher.

We need to find out if asterisk will support it?

Which codes we would need to be able to run it?

And if there is any video phone or softphone compatible to these codecs?

Thanks,

Eduardo

Brasil