[Asterisk-video] video RTP question

Gallmeier, Jonathan Jonathan.Gallmeier at polycom.com
Thu Aug 20 09:35:49 CDT 2009

I have a very basic question regarding how the RTP headers are handled
within the Asterisk video channels. I discovered that the RTP headers
are stripped off for the audio channels, leaving the compressed audio
bitstream. Adding them back in is reasonably trivial in my soft phone
sip bridge application that I'm writing.

For video, is the same thing done? Are the RTP headers stripped off,
leaving only the compressed video bitstream? Is there an easy way to
tell Asterisk channels to leave the RTP headers intact within an
Asterisk channel so that I don't have to partially parse the bitstream
to determine RTP header parameters when the video frame is broken
between multiple RTP packets? Unfortunately, I have to give my smart
phone RTP packets with headers. It won't accept simple video bistreams.

Jonathan