[Asterisk-video] SIP fmtp message support for H.264 video

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Aug 19 08:14:00 CDT 2009

19 aug 2009 kl. 14.57 skrev Jordan Kirby:

> Hi,
>
> We've been looking for a way to make the Polycom VVX 1500 phones
> work properly with Asterisk - your videocaps branch pretty much does
> that (the odd case of 1 way video).
>
> Are there any plans to bring this work into the core 1.6.1 code any
> time soon?

Not really. It has been around for several years now. The Digium
developer team has choosen to take another path and work on one
solution that works both for audio, video, text and fax. However, I
haven't seen that work begin anywhere. I can't honestly say if it's
happening or not - you have to ask them. As usual with Open Source -
it depends on what customers wants and pay developers for. While this
branch solves a lot of issues for video, it is not the generic
solution that solves it all. I wonder if that will ever happen,
though... ;-)

I would like to get that branch up to date and get useful again, but
have no customers that has interest in it. I think it solves a lot of
issues and I have tested it with many different video terminals. The
majority of the work was done by Aupix in the U.K. and I believe they
have continued from there. I've maintained it meanwhile, since I know
a lot of users use it.

If you have any patches to this branch, I'll be happy to merge it.

Regards,
/Olle