[Asterisk-video] capability translation from h245 to SIP

Sergio Garcia Murillo sergio.garcia at fontventa.com
Thu Sep 11 02:03:57 CDT 2008

I wouldn't waste much effort supporting MPEG4, the improvement over h263
is very low and not many softphones support it (although most network
cameras do, but don't know if they would conform the bitrate as needed).

The only important issue to support it is that currently only one codec
is supported for audio and video, so in order to support multiple ones
we'll have to add some configuration logic to the library to choose the
best codec available.

Until h264 phones are more widely available I wouldn't spend much time
on it.

Best regards
Sergio