[Asterisk-video] mp4_app problem. Please help me

Zelalem Sintayehu zelalems at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 26 02:20:51 CST 2008

Hi guys, I have been struggling for the past few days to make mp4save and mp4play work in my asterisk  box. The problem is, originally Asterisk used to crash when I try to playback mp4 files but now it doesn't crash except that it doens't play the files that i created using mp4save. It seems that it saves the file when I use mp4save, but couldn't play it even in video player (movie player in ubuntu). Asterisk can't also play back the demo video files. mp4info also gave me "can't open file" error when i try to see the hinting of my file. Please help me on this matter or direct me to the appropriate place. I am killing my time without any use. BTW, I am using logitech quickcam sphere webcam and my client is linphone. Asterisk version 1.4.21.

Thank you,

- Zelalem S.
Rhodes University, SA