[Asterisk-video] Make 3G calls with a mobile phone directly connected to Asterisk

David Florella dflorella at legos.fr
Tue Nov 25 02:57:01 CST 2008

Hi,

I want to know if it is possible to connect a 3G mobile phone directly to
Asterisk instead of an ISDN line to make calls.

For example, Bob makes a visio call whith Alice on her mobile phone :
Bob sip client ==> Asterisk ==> 3G mobile phone directly connected whith
Asterisk ==> proxy server ==> Cisco Gateway ==> ISDN line

If it is not possible, I would connect my Asterisk to a proxy server to
receive the 3G calls. Is this work?

Thanks.