[Asterisk-video] Trouble making outbound video calls

Joost Kuif joost.kuif at mobillion.nl
Tue Nov 18 09:09:35 CST 2008

Hello people,

I am trying to make outbound videocalls with asterisk 1.4.22 and dahdi.
For triggering the call i use the asterisk spool directory.
I am at the point where asterisk is able to dial out to the mobile, and
the h324m_loopback is working ok. audio and video are working ok with
the loopback function. See details below.

When i change the h324m_loopback to the mp4play application and redial
again the mp4play function doesn't play audio or video.

One thing that gets my attention: why seems the transfercapability of
the channel in both cases SPEECH? the CLI logging says VIDEO is
requested for the transfercapability. Am i missing a patch? I did the
amr patch, the userlayer1 patch. The dahdi driver 2.0.0 and libpri 1.4.7
seems to already have the changes that last year had to be patched
manually.

Is it possible at all to initiate a video call and use mp4play through
the spool mechanism of asterisk? If not, what mechanism do you prefer if
you want to dial out automated (without dialing out initiated via a sip
client or whatsoever)? AMI interface maybe?

Regards and thanks for your help,

Joost Kuif

---------------------------

Spool file:

root at umts-test:/var/spool/asterisk/tmp# cat test.call
Channel: DAHDI/1/00316********
Callerid: <318******>
WaitTime: 30
MaxRetries: 0
RetryTime: 30
Set: CHANNEL(transfercapability)=VIDEO
Set: CHANNEL(userinformationlayer1)=38
Context: xcon
Extension: 665

Dialplan:
[xcon]
exten => 665,1,h324m_loopback()

umts-test*CLI>
    -- Attempting call on DAHDI/1/00316******** for 665 at xcon:1 (Retry 1)
    -- digital call, setting user information layer 1 to 38 (0x26)
    -- dahdi call: h324musellc=0, ast->userinformationlayer1=38
    -- Requested transfer capability: 0x18 - VIDEO
       > Channel DAHDI/1-1 was answered.
    -- Executing [665 at xcon:1] h324m_loopback("DAHDI/1-1", "") in new
stack
umts-test*CLI> core show channel DAHDI/1-1
-- General --
           Name: DAHDI/1-1
           Type: DAHDI
       UniqueID: 1227003199.1
      Caller ID: 318631904
Caller ID Name: (N/A)
    DNID Digits: (N/A)
          State: Up (6)
          Rings: 0
  NativeFormats: 0x48 (alaw|slin)
    WriteFormat: 0x8 (alaw)
     ReadFormat: 0x8 (alaw)
WriteTranscode: No
  ReadTranscode: No
1st File Descriptor: 21
      Frames in: 1099
     Frames out: 890
Time to Hangup: 0
   Elapsed Time: 0h0m22s
  Direct Bridge: <none>
Indirect Bridge: <none>
--   PBX   --
        Context: xcon
      Extension: 665
           Data: (Empty)
    Blocking in: ast_waitfor_nandfds
      Variables:
TRANSFERCAPABILITY=SPEECH

  CDR Variables:
level 1: dst=s
level 1: dcontext=incoming
level 1: channel=DAHDI/1-1
level 1: lastapp=h324m_loopback
level 1: start=2008-11-18 11:13:19
level 1: duration=0
level 1: billsec=0
level 1: disposition=NO ANSWER
level 1: amaflags=DOCUMENTATION
level 1: uniqueid=1227003199.1

    -- Channel 0/1, span 1 got hangup request, cause 16
    -- Hungup 'DAHDI/1-1'
[Nov 18 11:14:20] NOTICE[13227]: pbx_spool.c:365 attempt_thread: Call
completed to DAHDI/1/0031646160590
umts-test*CLI>

When i change the h324m_loopback to the mp4play application and redial
again the mp4play function doesn't play audio or video:

umts-test*CLI> core show channel DAHDI/1-1
-- General --
           Name: DAHDI/1-1
           Type: DAHDI
       UniqueID: 1227016348.0
      Caller ID: 318631904
Caller ID Name: (N/A)
    DNID Digits: (N/A)
          State: Up (6)
          Rings: 0
  NativeFormats: 0x48 (alaw|slin)
    WriteFormat: 0x2000 (amr)
     ReadFormat: 0x8 (alaw)
WriteTranscode: Yes
  ReadTranscode: No
1st File Descriptor: 21
      Frames in: 1670
     Frames out: 414
Time to Hangup: 0
   Elapsed Time: 0h0m33s
  Direct Bridge: <none>
Indirect Bridge: <none>
--   PBX   --
        Context: xcon
      Extension: 665
           Data: /var/lib/asterisk/movies/umts_uitbellen/intro.3gp
    Blocking in: ast_waitfor_nandfds
      Variables:
TRANSFERCAPABILITY=SPEECH

  CDR Variables:
level 1: dst=s
level 1: dcontext=incoming
level 1: channel=DAHDI/1-1
level 1: lastapp=mp4play
level 1: lastdata=/var/lib/asterisk/movies/umts_uitbellen/intro.3gp
level 1: start=2008-11-18 14:52:28
level 1: duration=0
level 1: billsec=0
level 1: disposition=NO ANSWER