[Asterisk-video] app_rtsp phone to IP camera call

andres hermoso andres.hermoso at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 22:14:17 CDT 2008

Hey there all,

I've a little question for you, probably you can help me out here...
I've read about  http://sip.fontventa.com/content/view/27/54/ and it
seems quite interesting for video IP cameras and video surveillance.
I'm trying to use a grandstream GXV3000 which supports H.264/H.263
still so far I do not know which IP video cam will support the same
codec as the grandstream using app_rtsp.

Is it possible to video call through asterisk from let's say iPhone
to another video SIP/IAX party?

And later from the iPhone or any other kind of mobile IP video phone
to the IP video cam through asterisk using app_rtsp http://
sip.fontventa.com/content/view/27/54/
The idea is to see or get the IP camera real time video stream from a
remote location, if not from a mobile IP video call enabled phone at
least from a desktop IP video phone like the grandstream GXV3000
http://www.grandstream.com/ipvideosolutions.html
or any other desktop phone better like the GXV3000

Any answer?

Greetings,
Andres.