[Asterisk-video] mp4save(): different audio and video lengths

Jose M. Recio josemrecio at gmail.com
Sun Mar 16 15:34:40 CDT 2008

Hi, guys,

I don't know if that's a known fact, I have discovered that, at least in my
systems, mp4save() creates mp4files with different lengths in audio and
video tracks (see examples at the end). This means that the audio track in
those files is almost useless, as it is totally out of synch with the video

I think this has something to do with the framesPerSample property in
mpeg4ip package, but after messing a bit with the MP4 library I have
surrended without fixing it. Have somebody tested or fixed this before?

Can you check by yourself if this behaviour also happens in your system?.

Thanks,
JM

~$  mp4info /tmp/*.mp4
mp4info version 1.5.0.1
/tmp/save.clock.1.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   AMR, 6.780 secs, 12 kbps, 8000 Hz
2       hint    Payload AMR for track 1
3       video   H.263, 9.171 secs, 47 kbps, 176x144 @ 8.614110 fps
4       hint    Payload H263-1998 for track 3
/tmp/save.clock.2.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   AMR, 52.460 secs, 12 kbps, 8000 Hz
2       hint    Payload AMR for track 1
3       video   H.263, 61.413 secs, 45 kbps, 176x144 @ 9.069741 fps
4       hint    Payload H263-1998 for track 3
/tmp/save.clock.3.mp4:
Track   Type    Info
1       audio   AMR, 2.900 secs, 10 kbps, 8000 Hz
2       hint    Payload AMR for track 1
3       video   H.263, 6.649 secs, 49 kbps, 176x144 @ 8.572718 fps
4       hint    Payload H263-1998 for track 3
~$